Full of compelling case reviews that attach key content material to real-world well-being care scenarios, Memmler’s constitution and serve as of the Human Body, 11th Edition, provides easy-to-understand, fantastically illustrated insurance of the necessities of standard anatomy and body structure. The first textual content designed particularly to satisfy the wishes of allied healthiness scholars, this acclaimed source has advanced through the years to handle altering direction standards and pupil wishes. This version keeps the culture with a brand new, extra available layout, quite a lot of new research instruments, and a powerful multimedia digital ancillary package deal for either teachers and students.
through the ebook, anatomic paintings illustrates strategies with accuracy and straightforwardness; case reviews highlighting anatomy and body structure exhibit the relevance of the content material to a occupation within the wellbeing and fitness professions; and hallmark pedagogy blends remediation, reinforcement, and real-world concentration to make sure pupil success.
· A&P in Action boxes open every one bankruptcy with a situation that integrates bankruptcy content material right into a scientific surroundings, bringing the knowledge to existence for students.
· A&P in motion Revisited boxes, which seem later within the bankruptcy, extend at the beginning situation and inspire scholars to use the chapter’s innovations to the result of every case.
· A full-body The physique Visible transparency insert assists scholars in acting a digital dissection of the human physique from dermis all the way down to bone and lets them attempt themselves on their figuring out of epidermis, muscle tissues, bones, veins/arteries, and so on. New linked bankruptcy questions deepen scholar understanding.
· New Process Diagrams ensure pupil mastery through calling out and illustrating the stairs of a fancy technique, comparable to unfavourable suggestions keep an eye on for preserving homeostasis.
· New Cadaver Photograph-related Questions help scholars practice anatomic wisdom to novel situations.
· New Casepoints (in-chapter evaluation questions) hyperlink content material to the outlet case study.
· New Critical considering Questions that problem scholars to use thoughts to the A&P in Action case examine aid them to appreciate how easy recommendations of anatomy and body structure relate to scientific situations.
· New Misconception Alerts, marked by way of an icon, indicate universal pupil misconceptions (identified through the prepU adaptive quizzing application) to enhance knowing of vital ideas.
· New One Step at a Time features expand on easy technological know-how thoughts brought within the case research or the textual content by means of jogging scholars step by step via greater point severe pondering actions, corresponding to constructing medical studying and problem-solving skills.
· Checkpoint questions throughout each one bankruptcy support scholars evaluation key points.
· Hot Topics boxes focus on state of the art subject matters and examine, reinforcing the hyperlink among anatomy and body structure and daily life.
· Clinical Perspectives boxes focus on ailments and problems regarding the bankruptcy, assisting scholars comprehend what occurs while the traditional structure-function courting breaks down.
· Health Maintenance boxes offer worthwhile details on the right way to continue the physique healthy.
· A nearer Look boxes provide in-depth medical aspect on chosen topics.
· Zooming In questions in the determine captions enable scholars to check their figuring out of significant visible points of the illustration.
· A glance Back feature provides a brief paragraph highlighting content material from earlier chapters that might aid scholars comprehend the present chapter.
· Learning Objectives identify the $64000 content material to benefit in every one chapter.
· A powerful conceptual focus is mirrored in additional illustrations of uncomplicated biologic techniques and extra studying diagrams that take scholars step by step via complicated approaches, reminiscent of sensory pathways, cardiac functionality, and nerve impulse transmission.
· Ancillary callouts identify extra assets to be had on-line, corresponding to animations, supplementary figures, a quiz financial institution, and wellbeing and fitness occupation info to augment learning.
· End-of-chapter research aids include a precis review (visual outline), key phrases (end-of-chapter list), a be aware anatomy (medical terminology) task, and questions for examine and evaluate that try bear in mind, comprehension, and demanding pondering with various query kinds, together with fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, short-answer, and brief essay, in addition to questions that require scholars to use physique approach and approach wisdom to the chapter-opening case study.
By James B. Lieber
“A succinct, irritating document at the incidence of malpractice in smooth drugs. ….An important research that begs for dialogue via watchdogs and shoppers alike.” —Kirkus Reviews
“Brilliant...scholarly. A examining of Killer Care makes an instantaneous own funding in our personal more secure patient-centered care logical and valuable. ...Killer Care is strongly advised.”
—T. Michael White, M.D., former vice chairman and scientific professor of medication,
college of Pittsburgh clinical middle; writer, Unsafe to Safe
“In Killer Care, James Lieber uncovers systemic disasters and shortage of safeguards in sufferer safeguard. His serious warning call not just informs, yet presents particular and actionable strategies for sufferers and their households. His research additionally issues to procedure fixes that may make being a sufferer more secure for all of us.”
—Barbara Mittleman, M.D.; former director, software on Private-Public Partnerships,
workplace of technology coverage, nationwide institutes of wellbeing and fitness (2006-2012)
Each yr within the united states, 1 / 4 of 1000000 deaths are because of clinical blunders. If the quantity shocks, on a few point you already knew it used to be so. we all know someone—perhaps it was once yourself—who has suffered depressing remedy in American hospitals, a part of the main complicated, so much wide and dear wellbeing and fitness care approach on the earth. however it might be the main inefficient.
Misdiagnoses, fallacious prescriptions, working at the incorrect sufferer, even working at the mistaken limb (and amputating it): those are the results of rampant carelessness, overwork, lack of understanding, and hospitals attempting to get the main out in their caregivers and the main cash out in their patients.
What are we to do? Killer Care lays out the very actual chance each one folks faces at any time when we input a health facility. yet greater than that, it spells out what we will be able to do to mitigate that probability. The booklet can also be the tale of the awesome heroes struggling with this plague of clinical errors—patients and their households, but in addition medical professionals and nurses. beginning approximately 20 years in the past, a couple of sufferers or even a few perpetrators of those blunders all started a social move that gives us very important protections once we are such a lot weak: they've got all started a cultural shift that's reworking each aspect of healthiness care.
By Marc S. Micozzi, Mones Abu-Asab, Hakima Amri
The 1st modern translation of the 1,000-year-old textual content on the origin of recent medication and biology
• provides the particular phrases of Avicenna translated without delay from the unique Arabic, elimination the inaccuracies and mistakes of such a lot translators
• Explains present scientific interpretations and how you can practice Avicenna’s thoughts at the present time, relatively for individualized medication
• finds how Avicenna’s knowing of the “humors” corresponds at once with the biomedical periods identified at the present time as proteins, lipids, and natural acids
A millennium after his existence, Avicenna continues to be probably the most very hot physicians of all time. His Canon of medication, sometimes called the Qanun, is among the most renowned and influential books within the heritage of medication, forming the root for our sleek figuring out of human overall healthiness and illness. It targeted now not easily at the remedy of indicators, yet on discovering the reason for ailment via humoral diagnosis—a strategy nonetheless utilized in conventional Unani and Ayurvedic medicinal drugs in India.
Originally written in Arabic, Avicenna’s Canon was once in the past translated into Latin, Persian, and Urdu, but the various inaccuracies from these first translations linger in present English translations. Translated at once from the unique Arabic, this quantity contains specified observation to provide an explanation for present biomedical interpretations of Avicenna’s theories and how you can follow his remedies this day, relatively for individualized medication. It indicates how Avicenna’s realizing of the humors corresponds at once with the biomedical definition of proteins, lipids, and natural acids: the nutrient construction blocks of our blood and physique. With this new translation of the 1st quantity of his enormous paintings, Avicenna’s Canon turns into simply as correct at the present time because it used to be 1,000 years ago.
“The subsequent time you stopover at your surgeon, whisper a prayer of because of Avicenna, simply because a few of the foundations of recent medicine--empirical statement, objectivity, and rationalism--surfaced via his towering genius a millennium in the past. Avicenna’s medication is a useful hyperlink in medicine’s wealthy background. because the authors clarify during this magnificent translation, Avicenna’s relevance to our period has now not been exhausted.” (Larry Dossey, M.D., writer of therapeutic phrases and One Mind)
“Avicenna’s drugs represents a breath of clean air to these attracted to the heritage of Western medication. it's offered in a regularly transparent and concise shape that makes Avicenna’s writings available to the English reader. moreover, a couple of chapters firstly of the ebook act as a primer within the rules of Graeco-Arabic medication. Avicenna’s medication is likely one of the finest and interesting volumes that has come my approach in many years. It offers perception right into a medication that may be a ancient a part of the improvement of recent Western medication and an ethnic conventional medication that continues to be kind of practiced at the Indian subcontinent and in a few components of the center East. this can good serve to re-light a resurgence of curiosity in Avicenna’s medication within the West; anything it absolutely deserves.” (Paul Hysen, Ph.D., surgeon of Naturopathy and Chiropractic)
“While it's meant for a scientific viewers, Avicenna’s drugs is on the market to someone who's attracted to a holistic method of health...” (Renee Twombly, Georgetown clinical middle magazine, August 2013)
“A publication like this can be tremendous well timed. ..It is a superb representation, on an effective medical foundation, of what a conventional clinical approach can deliver to the twenty first century drugs and scientific debates. it really is in no way a simple learn, yet one who calls for a pen in hand and time to mirror upon the guidelines expressed inside. This workout of interpretation is an effective advent to conventional drugs considering that may be of curiosity to scholars, students, and the intellectually curious.” (Herbalgram, Alain Touwaide, Ph.D., July 2014)
“Avicenna’s Canon is not just crucial and influential unmarried textual content within the heritage of medication, it's also the most paintings of reference for a tremendous conventional university of drugs that continues to be alive and has a lot to coach us this present day. the current translation, Avicenna’s medication, is welcome not just since it makes a few of the rules of the Canon available in English but in addition since it offers with useful purposes of its rules for these attracted to holistic or integrative medication anyplace they may be.” (Seyyed Hossein Nasr, writer of technology and Civilization in Islam and professor of Islamic experiences at)
By Leslie P. Gartner
This Fourth variation maintains the BRS culture of an overview structure with content material overview through USMLE-style questions on the finish of every bankruptcy. each one bankruptcy additionally encompasses a high-yield part on medical correlations. The booklet is concise and good illustrated, with line drawings and electron micrographs. A USMLE layout accomplished exam, which comprises 500 questions, is on the finish of the ebook. This version encompasses a CD-ROM with all the textual content questions and an extra a hundred color pictures to accompany those questions - all within the USMLE variety
By Menna Clatworthy
Nephrology is a crucial speciality; sufferers with acute or persistent kidney failure are encountered in each clinical and surgical speciality, in addition to normally perform. On such a lot basic scientific rotations and on so much surgical wards there are sufferers with renal difficulties. Renal drugs is taught on rotation in the course of measure classes, and starting place education programmes often comprise attachments in nephrology, urology, and renal transplantation. Nephrology: medical circumstances Uncovered includes medical shows with real-life sufferer instances and results as visible at the wards and in checks, and leads scholars via a pragmatic method of prognosis and administration of kidney affliction.
Following a question-answer method, together with self-assessment fabric and a ‘refresher’ part at the uncomplicated technology of this scientific sector, Nephrology: medical circumstances Uncovered gains investigations and the treatments on hand for sufferers with renal illness, together with these requiring renal substitute remedy with dialysis and transplantation. tough ideas are clarified, utilizing easy diagrams to provide an explanation for the hyperlink among pathology and scientific presentation.
Nephrology: scientific situations Uncovered is perfect for clinical scholars, junior medical professionals at the starting place Programme, GP trainees, and expert nurses and nurse practitioners. This e-book can be an invaluable refresher for nephrology trainees at the start in their professional education programme.
By Katie Lenhart
What's diabetes? Diabetes is a significant, yet reversable disorder. it could possibly result in many illnesses, yet you must have the information of diabetes administration to show this round and stay an ordinary lifestyles back. There are pink sizzling information during this publication that would aid your diabetes regulate and support opposite your diabetes too! tips to reduce your blood sugar, that you should take your healthiness again! Diabetes remedy is important to loose you from this dreaded . what's truth? what's fiction? realize the chilly demanding proof and what you are able to do to stay a regular existence again.Straight, to the purpose wisdom, delivers a one-two punch to knocking off this risky enemy!
Diabetes doesn't must be a dying sentence!
Types of diabetes
Expected indicators are...
Fact or fiction?
What does reason diabetes?
Blood sugar degrees basics
Methods you should use to regulate diabetes are...
Reversing diabetes 2..very doable
Specific how you can reduce your blood sugar
What are the simplest meals for diabetics?
Meal plan example
Potential wellbeing and fitness matters and what to do
Read it, See it, grasp it!
Read it- Ken Saladin explains human anatomy in an interesting, but effective means. He places a top rate at the phrases, and makes use of student-relevant analogies to inspire the reader.
See it- Saladin’s selection of illustrations and pictures are rigorously selected to aid the textual content dialogue. bright and reasonable displays have interaction scholars.
Master it- With attach and A&P printed, scholars can perform and increase their figuring out of suggestions.
From the main pedagogically sound association to the phenomenal paintings, to the combination of textual content with know-how, Saladin has shaped a educating approach that would either encourage and let scholars to appreciate and relish the wonders of human anatomy. This exact textual content used to be built to face except all different anatomy texts with an technique borne out of greater than 30 years of educating, remarkable paintings, and a writing type that has been acclaimed by means of reviewers. Designed for a one-semester collage anatomy direction, Saladin calls for no earlier wisdom of chemistry or mobile biology.
Users who buy attach Plus obtain entry to the complete on-line publication model of the textbook.
Make experience of the complicated international of healthiness care with Mosby's Dictionary of drugs, Nursing & healthiness Professions, 10th Edition! This one-stop reference contains precise entries that assist you converse extra successfully with colleagues in quite a few disciplines. With over 56,000 definitions, 2,450 pictures and line drawings, and aiding reference appendixes and atlases, it really is an essential reference for college kids and pros alike.
- Over 56,000 entries
- More than 2,450 colour images and line drawings demonstrate and clarify complicated stipulations and summary concepts.
- Strict, common sense alphabetical association makes it effortless to discover keywords and definitions.
- Detailed appendixes provide you with invaluable info on lab values, symbols and abbreviations, pharmacology, an infection keep watch over criteria, and extra that may be used all through your healthiness career.
offer exact definitions, in addition to the most recent info on pathophysiology, therapy and interventions, and nursing care.
- NEW! nearly 5,000 new and revised definitions
- NEW! Completely up-to-date illustrations visually make clear key definitions to mirror present healthcare perform and equipment.
replicate the newest advancements in future health care, medications, and nursing terminology.
2015 BMA clinical booklet Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in simple and scientific Sciences class! An built-in method of educating easy sciences and scientific medication has intended that scientific scholars were pushed to more than a few simple technological know-how textbooks to discover correct details. Medical Sciences is designed to do the combination for you. in exactly one e-book, the various branches of scientific technological know-how are synthesised into the precise platforms of the human physique, making this a useful reduction to upcoming the fundamentals of medication inside in a medical context.
- Highly illustrated with transparent, full-colour line drawings and color photos.
- Information containers all through, giving extra particular aspect of study findings, drug mechanisms, etc.
- Clinical packing containers all through, demonstrating the scientific relevance of the science.
Interactive gains of the StudentConsult publication (PIN entry on your print copy)
34 try out yourself
4 slideshow try yourself
2 guided tours
435 MCQs (end-of-chapter quizzes and review bankruptcy in e-book)
- Eleven new contributors.
- Completely new chapters on Biochemistry and telephone biology, Genetics, The worried system, Bones, muscle and skin, Endocrine and reproductive systems, The cardiovascular system, The renal system and Diet and nutrition.
- Completely revised and up-to-date all through with over 35 new illustrations .
- Expanded embryology sections with a number of new illustrations.